1 cup Bulgur
1 Bell Pepper, finely chopped
1/3 Cup Olive oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tsp Dried Basil
1 cup Tomato, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
1 tblsp tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste
Parsley for garnish
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat sauté onions until lightly golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute then stir in the tomatoes, bell pepper and basil, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the bulgur into the tomato mixture, making sure that the bulgur is well coated.
- Stir in the broth then reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, for 5-10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, salt and pepper to the bulgur mixture.
- Continue to cook, covered until the bulgur is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed around 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley then serve.