500g Pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cubed
400g Can Diced Tomatoes
3 Cups water
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
2 Tblsp Olive Oil
1 Cup Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
Flat Leaf Parsley for garnish, finely chopped
Squeeze of Lemon Juice to serve
- In a large saucepan add the water, pumpkin, tomatoes, garlic, and spice.
- Bring to a boil then simmer on a medium to low heat for 20-30 minutes until the pumpkin is very soft.
- Remove from heat, place the soup into a blender and blend until a smooth puree.
- Return to saucepan then gently stir in the cream on a low heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour soup into serving bowls, garnish with parsley and squeeze in lemon juice then serve.