500g lamb, sliced
2 teasp ground ginger
1 teasp ground nutmeg
1 teasp ground cumin
1 teasp ground coriander
1 teasp cayenne cayenne
1 teasp cayenne cinnamon
2 tablespo olive oil
1 large brown onion, chopped thinly
1 medium capsicum, chopped
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 1/2 cups basmati rice, washed
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup water
400g canned chickpeas drained
2 small zucchini, sliced
2 tablesps toasted almond flaks
- Mix the ginger, nutmeg, cumin, coriander, cayenne and cinnamon in a plate then sprinkle the lamb with half the mix.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan then add lamb and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove lamb and set aside on a plate, keep covered to keep warm.
- In the frying sauté the onion and capsicum until tender then add rice and remaining seasoning, stock, water, parsley and chickpeas then bring to the boil.
- On a low heat simmer covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini then cook covered another 2 minutes until rice is cooked then stir in lamb and almonds.
- Serve hot.