Turkish Tomato Chicken
Skinless chicken in a tomato, garlic, paprika, cumin and lemon sauce
500g Skinless Chicken Pieces
400g Can Diced Tomatoes
2 Tblsp Tomato Paste
1 Onion, finely chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Tblsp Oil
2 Tsp Paprika Powder
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
Juice of 1 Lemon
- In large frying heat the oil then on a medium heat pan fry the chicken for 5-10 minutes to seal.
- Add the garlic and onions, cook for another 5 minutes until the onions are golden.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and spices.
- Cover and simmer on a low heat for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked, add a little water as required to maintain the sauce consistency.
- Remove from heat, squeeze on lemon juice then serve with rice or pita bread.