2 litres full cream milk
3 tblsp yoghurt
1 tblsp salt
- Heat the milk in a large pot, over a low fire, until
- Remove immediately from the fire and cool until
- Place 4 spoons of the milk in a bowl, add the
yoghurt, stir then add back to the pot of milk.
- Transfer the pot to a bowl, cover well, and wrap in a
blanket. Leave for 6-8 hours in a warm place.
- Mix with salt then place a cotton cloth or cheese
cloth in a large strainer. Tie and hang above the sink or above a bowl. The
labaneh will be ready in 10-12 hours.
- Serve drizzeld with olive oil and a sprinkle of dried parsly.