2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup short-grain rice
1 cup water
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup sultanas
1/4 cup toasted almonds
- Bring the water to the boil then add the rice cook
until all the water is gone.
- In another saucepan Place milk, vanilla, coconut and
sugar and bring to the boil over medium-high heat, stirring to prevent milk
solids from burning on the bottom.
- Stir in rice, then reduce heat to low and cook,
stirring occasionally, for 40-50 minutes or until rice is cooked and
- Remove from heat, spoon the rice pudding in a small
bowls, you can serve it warm or cool to room temperature, then refrigerate
for 3 hours or until chilled.
- Serve warm or chilled sprinkle with sultanas and