10 sheets of Filo
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tablesp cinnamon
200g softened butter
200g caster sugar
375g finely ground Almonds
1 tablesp orange flower water
1/2 tablesp vanilla extract
Icing sugar for dusting
- Start making the almond paste, in a bowl, mix the softened butter and caster sugar very well with a whisk until combined then add eggs and mix, last add the almonds, cinnamon orange flower water and vanilla and mix well to make a smooth creamy paste.
- Place one sheet of filo pastry on a work surface and brush with butter then add another sheet on top, repeat this with the other 8 sheets, you will end up with 5 doubled sheets.
- Start layering your pastry, place two sheets down and over lap with two more sheets of pastry approx 3-4cm you will end with around 1.3 meter of pastry, brush again with butter.
- Place almond paste in a long sausages shape on the edge of the pastry nearest to you roll the pastry up tightly, sealing the ends.
- place on a buttered floured baking dish, brush with butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven 180c for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool then sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.