1 cup medium-grain bulgur
1+1/2 cups boiling water
2 tomatoes, skinned diced
3 sweet green peppers, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch of ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter then add olive oil
over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and green peppers sauté, stirring
- Add tomato and tomato paste and sauté for additional
5 minutes then add bulgur, stir to combine then add chilli flakes, salt and
- Pour in boiling water and cook covered until most of
the water is absorbed.
- Keep simmering on low heat until the water has
evaporated and the bulgur is soft (about 1/2 hour).
- Remove from heat and place a paper towels on the
surface, cover with a lid and set aside to steam for 15 minutes.