Rind of 1 medium lemon
Rind of 1 medium orange
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cups caster sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablesp gelatine
1 cup water
2/3 cup cornflour
3-4 drops orange or rose water
red food color
1/2 cup icing sugar
- Line with foil a 17 cm square cake tin and brush with oil.
- Remove white pith from rinds.
- Combine rinds, juices, sugar and 1/2 cup water in sauce pan, stir over medium heat until sugar has completely dissolved, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from fire and combine gelatine in a bowl, stir until gelatine is fully dissolved.
- In separate bowl combine cornflour with remaining water, stir until smooth then combine with mixture.
- Return mixture to sucepan, stir over a medium heat until mixture boils clear then sStir in flower water and a few drops red food color.
- Strain mixture to reomve rinds, into the tin then refrigerate over night.
- When set peel from foil and cut into squares.
- Roll in icing sugar then serve.