500g Almonds Meal
1 1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten lightly
2 Cups Water
1 Tblsp Orange Flower Water
3 cups Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- In a large bowl add the Almonds Meal and 1 Cup caster sugar mix well then stir in eggs to from a smooth dough.
- Remove dough from bowl then knead on a floured work surface then cut the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll each portion out into a roll about 2cm in diameter then press down with your palm to flatten then cut out 5cm cookies.
- Place cookies on baking paper on a try and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly golden on top then set aside to cool.
- While the cookies baking make the sugar syrup. In a saucepan over high heat bring the water and 1/2 cup caster sugar to a boil while stirring until all the sugar is dissolved then stir in orange flower water. Set aside the sugar syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Dip each cookie in the sugar syrup to wet then dip and coat in the Icing Sugar, place on a rack to dry and repeat with the rest of the cookies.