Turkish Yogurt Mint Soup
Thick, yogurt soup with very soft rice, mint and butter
1/4 cup rice
2 1/2 cups of water
2 1/2 cups of chicken stock
2 cups of plain yogurt
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp dried mint
1 tsp salt
- Boil rice in 5 cups of water with salt until very soft.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and flour well, and then add yogurt and mix. With 1-2 tbsp water lighten up this mixture.
- Put the yogurt mix in a pot and start cooking on very low. It's important that you start with low heat, otherwise yogurt would curdle.
- Give yogurt some time to get used to heat. Cook on low heat for approximately 15 minutes and keep stirring.
- Slowly pour in rice along with water into the soup, keep stirring.
- First let it boil on medium and then turn it down and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Heat butter in a pan. Once it sizzles, add mint flakes and stir for 20-30 seconds then pour it into soup.