2 Cups Rice
1.2kg of Whole Chicken
2 Liters of Water
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Tsp Ground Cardamom
2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
100g of Melted Ghee or Butter
- In a large pot add the chicken, water and cinnamon then boil until the chicken is falling off the bone.
- Strain and reserve the broth.
- Allow to chicken to cool, debone, remove skin then cut the chicken into finely chopped pieces.
- In a pot large pot add the rice, broth, chopped chicken, salt, pepper and cardamom then stir.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer covered on low heat for 30 minutes. Stir the Arsiyah every 5-10 minutes so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot. It should not be dry it should remain moist and pasty.
- Remove from heat then with an electric mixer set on high mix the Arsiyah until the rice and chicken are combined well into each other.
- Place the Arsiyah in a serving bowl then pour over melted ghee or butter, serve hot.