4 Chicken Maryland, Skinless, Cut into 8 Pieces
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 litre of water
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tsp Dried Oregano Flakes
1 Tsp Dried Basil Flakes
2 Bay Leaves
2 Carrots, peeled, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 Large Potatoes, peeled, diced
1 Cup Plain Yogurt
1 Tsp Ground Chilli (optional)
1 Tsp Ground Coriander
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tblsp Lemon Juice
1 Tblsp Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
2 Cups Boiled Rice
- In large pot add 1 tblsp of the oil heat then add the chicken and stir for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is sealed.
- Add and sauté the garlic and onions until lightly golden.
- Add the water bring to a boil then add bay leaves, oregano, basil, chilli, coriander, salt and pepper then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and yogurt simmer on a low heat for 20 min until vegetables are tender. Add more water if required.
- Remove from heat stir in parsley and lemon juice.
- Serve with rice.