500g Ground Beef
4 Medium Eggplants
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion, finely diced
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Tsp Ground Coriander
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
1 Tsp Allspice
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 Cup Natural Yoghurt
1/2 Tblsp cup Pine Nuts, toasted
1 Tblsp Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Cut eggplant lengthways into halves then scoop out the flesh then roughly dice the scooped out flesh.
- Sprinkle eggplants with salt, brush with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, place on a baking tray and roast for 20-30 minutes until softened.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add the remaining olive oil then fry the onions and eggplant for 2-3 minutes, add garlic, spices and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the beef, mix well then cook until the beef is cooked well then set aside.
- Remove eggplant halves from the oven, place on a serving plate then fill each eggplant half with the beef mixture.
- Drizzle over yoghurt, garnish with pine nuts and parsley then serve.