500g Okra, chop off ends
1 cup vinegar
500g diced beef, cut into 2cm cubes
1 can 400g diced tomatoes
2 tablesp tomato paste
1 large diced onion
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup beef stock
¼ teasp mixed spices
2 tablesp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut off the cone tips off the Okra, then soak in vinigar for 30 minutes drain and rinse (his is to reduce the slimy texture of okra).
- In a large pan heat olive oil then add the onion and let it fry for 2 minutes till soft and golden.
- Add the beef and fry for 4-5 minutes till brown then add the spices and pepper and fry for ½ minute.
- Add the tomatoes, beef stock, tomato paste and salt.
- Bring to the boil then put everything in the pressure cooker for 15 minutes till meat is tender.
- Add the okra and let it cook for 15 minutes till soft, serve with rice.