1 Large Eggplant
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 Lemon, juiced
2 Tblsp Tahini
1 1/2 Tblsp Olive oil
Salt and Cayenne pepper to taste
1 Tsp Cumin powder
1 Tsp Paprika, for garnish
1 Tblsp Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Stab the eggplant in different places with a fork then rub all over with a little olive oil.
- Place eggplant under a medium heat grill for 35 to 40 minutes keep turning on all sides until Eggplant is soft and blackened.
- Remove from grill and allow eggplant to cool for 15 minutes.
- Put eggplant in a paper or plastic bag, close and let it steam in its skin for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut eggplant into half lengthways then using a spoon scoop out the flesh and put into a food processor with all the other ingredients then blend into a smooth paste.
- Serve drizzled with a little olive oil and garnish with parsley and paprika.