Lebanese Sweet Cheese
Sweet cheese with semolina, orange blossom water and pistachio garnish
1 Kg White Brine Cheese or Akawi
1 Cup Semolina
1/2 Cup Full Cream
2 Cup Caster Sugar
2 Tblsp Orange Blossom Water
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Whipped Cream
1/2 Cup Ground Pistachio for garnish
- Cut the cheese into small cubes then submerge the cheese in cold water. Change the water every 10 minutes until it's not salty.
- Using a double-boiler pot with the bottom pot half filled with boiling water place the cheese in the upper part.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the cheese is melted and the water evaporates.
- Mix through the full cream, semolina and sugar stirring gently until all the sugar is dissolved and it is well mixed.
- Remove from heat then mix through orange blossom water and lemon juice.
- Evenly spread into a lightly greased rectangular pan, allow cooling then place into the fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Remove from fridge flip onto a serving plate then spread the whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with pistachio nuts then serve.