500g beef mince
1 medium onion, grated
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
¼ cup chopped mint, plus extra to serve
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 egg, lightly beaten
1½ cups (180g) frozen peas
1½ cups (300g) instant couscous
rice bran oil, to fry
- Place mince in a bowl with onion, herbs, spices and egg. Mix thoroughly. With wet hands, shape mixture into small meatballs.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups water to boil in a saucepan. Add butter and peas and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in couscous and season to taste. Cover and set aside.
- In a heavy–based frying pan on high, heat enough oil to cover base of pan.
- Fry meatballs in batches for 8 minutes, rolling the pan to keep their shape, until browned and cooked through.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and serve with meatballs scattered with extra mint.