Water for 2 espresso or demitasse cups
2 tblsp dark roasted ground Turkish coffee
2 tsps organic sugar
2 cardamom pods
- Pour two espresso/demitasse cupfuls of water into a kanaka (a kanaka is Middle Eastern coffee pot if you don't have one you can use a small saucepan).
- Bring the water to a boil, remove from heat, and add the coffee and sugar and stir well.
- Put the pot back on the heat until the coffee will froths up, remove from heat and let the froth subside.
- Add the cardamom pods.
- Put the pot back on the heat and let it froth again.
- Remove from heat and let the froth subside.
- Pour into cups and serve hot.